Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash 😋
Makes 3 servings
On my health plan?? Per serving is-
1 leaner protein
• 1 spaghetti squash – Use 3 ½ cups cooked squash
• 10 ounces cooked shredded chicken breast
• 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• 4 ounce can diced green chilies
• 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
• 1/4 cup cottage cheese blended smooth or greek yogurt
• 1 cup shredded low fat sharp cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, spray the inside with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let the squash cool for about 10 minutes before scooping out the strands with a fork and placing them in a bowl.
- Reserve the squash skins placing them cut side up back on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Use you hands to squeeze out excess liquid from the spaghetti squash strands, then return them to the bowl.
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Filling
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat stir together the enchilada sauce, green onion, green chiles,, cilantro and shredded chicken.
- Once the mixture is warmed through remove from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Pour the enchilada filling in with the spaghetti squash strands and stir together until combined.
- Scoop the filling back into the spaghetti squash shells and top with the shredded cheese.
- Place the spaghetti squash back onto the baking sheet and broil in the oven until the cheese is browned.